We live in an "as-it-happens" world of Tweets, text messaging, on-demand video, and instant gratification. Data-centric organizations such as Google and Twitter have built architectures to make this possible. All consumers now expect instant answers and personalized service. Why should enterprise data systems be any different?
The Zeta Architecture is a high-level enterprise architectural construct not unlike the Lambda architecture which enables simplified business processes and defines a scalable way to increase the speed of integrating data into the business. The result? A powerful, data-centric enterprise.
There are seven pluggable components of the Zeta Architecture which work together, reducing system-level complexity while radically increasing resource utilization and efficiency.
- Distributed File System - all applications read and write to a common, scalable solution, which dramatically simplifies the system architecture.
- Real-time Data Storage - supports the need for high-speed business applications through the use of real-time databases.
- Pluggable Compute Model / Execution Engine -delivers different processing engines and models in order to meet the needs of diverse business applications and users in an organization.
- Deployment / Container Management System - provides a standardized approach for deploying software. All resource consumers are isolated and deployed in a standard way.
- Solution Architecture - focuses on solving specific business problems, and combines one or more applications built to deliver the complete solution. These solution architectures encompass a higher-level interaction among common algorithms or libraries, software components and business workflows.
- Enterprise Applications - brings simplicity and reusability by delivering the components necessary to realize all of the business goals defined for an application.
- Dynamic and Global Resource Management - allows dynamic allocation of resources so that you can accommodate whatever task is the most important for that day.
Benefits of Zeta Architecture
There are several benefits to implementing a Zeta Architecture in your organization
- Reduce time and costs of deploying and maintaining applications
- Fewer moving parts with simplifications such as using a distributed file system
- Less data movement and duplication - transforming and moving data around will no longer be required unless a specific use case calls for it
- Simplified testing, troubleshooting, and systems management
- Better resource utilization to lower data center costs