About this course
This course takes students through the process of upgrading a MapR cluster, beginning with what to include in a cluster upgrade plan, and how to perform pre-upgrade testing.
Prerequisites for success in the course
Review the following prerequisites carefully and decide if you are ready to succeed in this course. The Instructor will move forward with lab exercises, assuming that you have mastered the skills listed below.
- Basic Linux knowledge, including familiarity with command-line options such a mv, cp, cd, ls, ssh, and scp
- The ability to use a Linux text editor such as vi
- Basic familiarity with administering the MapR Converged Data Platform, including the ability to use the command line and the MapR Control System (MCS) user interface
- Access to, and the ability to use, a laptop with a browser and internet access.
- Completion of the ADM 2000 curriculum which is comprised of the on-demand courses ADM 200 through ADM 203, or equivalent experience using a MapR cluster
- Slide Guide/transcript
- Lab Guide with exercises
Right for you?
- For administrators who are, or will be, responsible for maintaining a MapR cluster.
Plan the Upgrade
Upgrade MapR Core
Upgrade Ecosystem Components and MapR Clients