About this course
Get hands-on experience upgrading a MapR cluster to the latest version. This course takes students through the process of upgrading a MapR cluster, beginning with what to include in a cluster upgrade plan, and how to perform pre-upgrade testing. Each student is given a 3-node cluster to use to upgrade MapR core software, and the Hive and Pig ecosystem components.
Prerequisites for success in the course
Review the following prerequisites carefully and decide if you are ready to succeed in this course. The Instructor will move forward with lab exercises, assuming that you have mastered the skills listed below.
- Basic Linux knowledge, including familiarity with command-line options such a mv, cp, cd, ls, ssh, and scp
- The ability to use a Linux text editor such as vi
- Basic familiarity with administering the MapR Converged Data Platform, including the ability to use the command line and the MapR Control System (MCS) user interface
- Access to, and the ability to use, a laptop with a browser and internet access.
- Completion of the ADM 2000 curriculum which is comprised of the on-demand courses ADM 200 through ADM 203, or equivalent experience using a MapR cluster
What's IncludedIncluded in this one-day course are:
- One 3-node cluster for each student
- Slide Guide/transcript
- Lab Guide with exercises
Right for you?
- For administrators who are, or will be, responsible for maintaining a MapR cluster.
- Welcome to Class
- Configure the training environment
- LAB: Configure the training environment
- Understand the lab environment
- LAB: Connect to your cluster
- Lesson 1: Plan the Upgrade
- Identify upgrade methods
- Develop and plan and prepare to for upgrade
- LAB: Run a pre-upgrade test plan
- Summarize the upgrade process
- Lesson 2: Upgrade MapR Core
- Prepare to upgrade
- LAB: Prepare to upgrade
- Upgrade MapR core software
- LAB: Upgrade MapR core
- Lesson 3: Upgrade Ecosystem Components and MapR Clients
- Upgrade ecosystem components
- LAB: Upgrade Hive and Pig
- Upgrade MapR Clients
- Additional Upgrade Considerations
- LAB: Apply a Patch
MapR Sandbox for Hadoop
Advice from the front.
ADM 201 - Hadoop Operations - Cluster Administration
ADM 203 - Cluster Maintenance