About this course
This course is targeted towards developers and administrators to give them the core concepts necessary to build simple MapR Streams applications. It introduces a basic framework for building producer and consumer applications, and discusses options for configuring these applications. Core concepts are taught using real use case scenarios that form the basis of hands-on labs.
Right for you?
- For developers, administrators, and others interested in big data with MapR
Are you ready?
- Basic understanding of MapR Streams, as from DEV 350: MapR Streams Essentials
- Basic understanding of Java Programming API
- Basic understanding of application development principles
- Familiarity with general big data concepts
- Familiarity with the MapR Converged Data Platform
Lesson 3: Introduction to Producers and Consumers
- Create a stream
- Develop a Java producer
- Develop a Java consumer
Lesson 4: Producer and Consumer Details
- Describe producer properties and options
- Describe consumer properties and options
- Explain messaging semantics