About this course
Targeted towards data architects and application developers who have experience with Java, the goal of this course is to learn how to write HBase programs using Hadoop as a distributed NoSQL datastore. This first course in the HBase Java API series teaches the most important APIs for writing HBase programs, how to use the Java API to perform CRUD operations, use helper classes, create and delete tables, set and alter column family properties, and batch updates. Concepts are conveyed through lectures, hands-on labs and analysis of scenario. This course builds on DEV 320 and 325 – HBase Data Model and Schema Design, which gives the foundations of HBase architecture, the HBase data model, and schema design.
Right for you?
- For data architects and developers who have experience with Java programming
Are you ready?Yes, if you have:
- Taken ESS 100 – Introduction to Big Data, DEV 320 - HBase Data Model and Architecture, and DEV 325 - HBase Schema Design
- A Linux, PC or Mac with a MapR Sandbox with Apache Drill downloaded
- DEV 335 - Developing HBase Applications: Advanced
- DEV 340 - HBase Performance, Bulk-loading & Security
This course helps prepare you for the MapR Certified HBase Developer (MCHBD) certification exam
Java client API Part 1
Java client API Part 2
Java Client API for Administrative Features