Get Certified and Rise
With a MapR certification, you can demonstrate your big data expertise and gain recognition in sought-after technologies. MapR certifications cover a range of specialty roles, including Cluster Administrator, Developer, HBase Developer, Spark Developer, or Data Analyst. Read our FAQ for more details. All certification exams have a free study guide, to help you get started.
Details on exam content, prerequisite knowledge, question weighting and recommended preparation are listed under each exam’s certification detail page.
- MCCA - MapR Certified Cluster Administrator: Designed for Engineers and Administrators responsible for preparing the cluster for install, installing, setting up, and maintaining a MapR Cluster.
- MCHD - MapR Certified Hadoop Developer: Exam measures proficiency in the design and development MapReduce/YARN programs.
- MCHBD - MapR Certified HBase Developer: Demonstrates proficiency in the development of HBase programs using HBase as a distributed NoSQL datastore.
- MCSD - MapR Certified Spark Developer: Demonstrates proficiency in Apache Spark programming to work with large datasets.
- MCDA - MapR Certified Data Analyst: Exam measures proficiency in using Hive, Pig, and Apache Drill to perform data analytics.
Your Certification is tied to the version of the exam that you passed and remains permanently valid for that version. MapR will continue to release new versions of each certification exam, covering new features and challenges in your chosen subject area. You are welcome to take the new exam at any time. MapR provides multiple learning opportunities and delivery formats to support the learning effort required to upgrade your certification version.
For More Information
To get further details about the program see the MapR Academy Community space