About this course
This course builds on DEV 320 and DEV 325 – HBase Data Model and Schema Design, and DEV 330 and DEV 340 – Developing HBase Applications.
Right for you?
- For data analysts, data architects and application developers.
Are you ready?
Yes, if you have:
- Taken ESS 100 – Introduction to Big Data, DEV 320 - HBase Data Model and Architecture, DEV 325 - HBase Schema Design, DEV 330 - Developing HBase Applications: Basics.
- A Linux, PC or Mac with a MapR Sandbox installed
This course prepares you for the MapR Certified Hadoop Professional: Data Analyst (MCHP: DA) certification exam. This exam is coming soon.
Lesson 7 - Bulk Loading of Data
- Describe the bulk loading data process
- Use the ImportTsv bulk load tool
- Bulk load with MapReduce
- Pre-split tables
- Use ImportTsv and CopyTable to bulk load data
- Use a custom MapReduce program to bulk load data
Lesson 8 - Performance
- Define performance priorities based on data access patterns
- Define guidelines for schema design based on data access patterns and performance priorities
- Apply Java API performance tips
- Define region, row sizes, and performance guidelines
- Apply configuration performance tips
- Benchmark HBase application performance
- Performance Benchmarking with YCSB
Lesson 9 - Securing MapR-DB Tables
- Describe security fundamentals
- Secure your MapR-DB
- MapR-DB tables authorization