About this course
DA 415 is an intermediate level course designed for data analysts, developers, and systems administrators. It is a continuation of DA 410 - Apache Drill Essentials, and describes how a query is received and executed by Drill. You will learn the different services involved at each step, and how Drill optimizes a query for distributed SQL execution.
Right for you?
- For data analysts and developers who want to learn SQL-on-Hadoop technologies
Are you ready?Yes, if you have:
- Taken ESS 100 – Introduction to Big Data and DA 410 - Apache Drill Essentials
- A Linux, PC or Mac with a MapR Sandbox with Apache Drill downloaded
This course prepares you for the MapR Certified Data Analyst (MCDA) certification exam.
SyllabusLesson 3: Drill Architecture
- Components of Drill
- Learn the components of a Drillbit
- Customize extensible Drill core modules
- Drill Execution
- Follow a query through execution in Drill
- Learn how a query is broken into fragments and distributed on a cluster
- Describe the stages involved with query planning
- Optimization and Flexibility of Drill
- Learn the cost-based and rule-based techniques used by the Drill optimizer
- Discover the flexibility and extensibility of Drill