About this course
This course is intended for data analysts, data architects and application developers. DEV 320 provides you with a thorough understanding of the HBase data model and architecture, which is required before going on to designing HBase schemas and developing HBase applications. You will learn how relational databases differ from HBase and examine some typical HBase use case categories. Data model and HBase architectural components, and how they work together, are covered in depth. Also covered is MapR-DB architecture and how it differs from HBase. Concepts are conveyed through lectures, scenarios and hands-on labs.
Right for you?
- For data analysts, data architects, and application developers
Are you ready?Yes, if you have:
- Taken ESS 100 – Introduction to Big Data
- Basic Hadoop knowledge is helpful but not required
- Prior experience with SQL is preferred but not required
- A Linux, Windows or MacOS computer with the MapR Sandbox installed. The lab exercises for this class will include installing Hive components on a MapR cluster and executing various commands and sample programs.
- DEV 325 - HBase Schema Design
- DEV 330 - Developing HBase Applications: Basic
- DEV 335 - Developing HBase Applications: Advanced
- DEV 340 - HBase Performance, Bulk-loading & Security
This course helps prepare you for the MapR Certified HBase Developer (MCHBD) certification exam.
Introduction to HBase
HBase Data Model