Talend at a Glance Data-driven organizations use Talend’s integration solutions to gain instant value from all their data. Natively supporting big data, Talend’s open and unified solutions take the complexity out of any integration project and equip IT to be more responsive to the demands of the business, at a predictable cost.
Paving your big data journey from first steps to enterprise deployment
Now that you’ve identified the business drivers to begin your big data journey, your objectives are to deliver the data safely, quickly, iteratively, and at minimum costs and resources. You need to ramp up big data skillsets, establish your big data platform, populate it with new and existing data sources, handle extreme volumes of data, and make it actionable to your lines of business. And you need it now, at the pace of your data-driven business.
Enter Talend’s big data solutions on MapR
The combination of Talend® and MapR® provides a new generation of highly
scalable data management processing across vast amounts of structured and
unstructured data, so your big data projects can be completed faster, at a lower
cost, and using existing skillsets.
Talend’s big data solutions running on MapR enable you to design, create and execute Hadoop integration jobs, process and reconcile big data, and implement data governance processes using an intuitive drag-and-drop interface. This robust environment makes it possible to scale to any level and support any complex data type, so companies can focus on analyzing information instead of manually integrating data.
Because Talend is based on a visual interface that automatically generates Hadoop code, developers can jump faster into the world of big data and implement at minimum cost. They are empowered to tackle the challenges of data variety, since Talend’s platform for big data also comes with big data quality and governance functions that take advantage of the massively parallel environment of Hadoop, allowing you to understand the completeness, accuracy, and integrity of data as well as to remove duplicates.
Power Your Mission-Critical Big Data
The Power of
Talend & MapR
Together, Talend and MapR provide the foundations of a next generation big data platform, with minimum adoption efforts:
- Low technology risk and fast learning curve—Using open standards and the Eclipse-based development environment, your developers will be familiar with the combined environment. As Talend generates MapReduce, Pig Latin, and Java through an easy to learn graphical interface, your ramp-up time is dramatically shortened.
- Affordable with low financial risk—Both Talend and MapR use a subscriptionbased pricing model, allowing you to start small and scale over time without high up-front financial commitments.
- High performance, availability, and consistency—Talend’s zero footprint approach leverages Hadoop and the high availability and extreme performance characteristics of MapR, and is the only data quality solution to run inside of Hadoop.
- Easy, integrated management—Talend not only generates native Hadoop code, it also takes advantage of Hadoop standard services such as Apache Sqoop™, Apache™ Oozie, and Apache™ HCatalog, so there’s no need to manage disparate tools and environment—it’s all in one box.
- Broad connectivity—Talend provides connectivity to MapR from existing and legacy systems, with more than 800 connectors and components for RDBMS, NoSQL, ERP/CRM, SaaS, and all types of flat files.
Talend lets organizations unlock all of their data, including historical, live, and emerging data. Dual-headquartered in California and France with 400 employees on 3 continents, Talend is one of the most well-funded vendors in the big data space, having raised $102 million from investors that include Silver Lake, Sumeru, Balderton Capital, Idinvest Partners and Bpifrance.
Based on the most widely used open source integration tools, Talend’s enterprisegrade solutions are leveraged by more than 4,000 enterprise customers worldwide. The company has major offices in North America, Europe and Asia, and a global network of technical and services partners.
MapR delivers on the promise of Hadoop with a proven, enterprise-grade platform that supports a broad set of mission-critical and real-time production uses. MapR brings unprecedented dependability, ease-of-use and world-record speed to Hadoop, NoSQL, database and streaming applications in one unified distribution for Hadoop. MapR is used by more than 500 customers across financial services, government, healthcare, manufacturing, media, retail and telecommunications as well as by leading Global 2000 and Web 2.0 companies. Investors include Google Capital, Lightspeed Venture Partners, Mayfield Fund, NEA, Qualcomm Ventures and Redpoint Ventures.
Talend lowers the integration/ training efforts to bring Hadoop to your IT landscape, accelerating time-to-benefit.
Big Data with Total Control
Discover and cleanse big data and reconcile it with your processes, business entities, and applications.
Affordable, Predictable Pricing
Our open core and subscription based pricing model lets predictably scale big data costs.
Talend’s extensible solution runs at the innovation pace of big data and MapR.
Top-Ranked Hadoop Distribution
One unified big data platform for Hadoop, NoSQL, database, and streaming applications.
Proven Production Readiness
Get enterprise-grade reliability with MapR, proven in production to meet stringent service-level agreements.
Consistent High Performance
Leverage high speed and efficiency to get more work out of fewer hardware resources for lower overall TCO versus other distributions.