At a Glance
Lucidworks specializes in search, discovery and analytics, delivering the only enterprise-grade embedded search development solution built upon the Apache™ Lucene/Solr® open source search project.
Exploit the Tsunami of Log Data
Enterprises are facing increasing occurrences of both internal and external breaches and attacks. Examples of this include employees violating regulations and intrusion of internal networks. IT security groups are looking for solutions that can analyze a variety of data sources to prevent and detect breaches. Search-based applications index and correlate log data and can analyze historical and real-time events from a variety of log files.
Key Elements Include:
- Reduced likelihood of fines and lawsuits
- Greater levels of automation to meet compliance and audit mandates
- Minimal maintenance overhead for IT operations
Delivering Relevant Insights from an Enterprise Data Hub with Search
Enterprise Data Hubs (EDHs) are becoming more prevalent as a way to store, process, and integrate large volumes of data from log files, social media, enterprise applications, and other sources. The benefits of an EDH include the ability to free up processing and storage in the traditional storage and analytical system as well as the ability to perform analytics on large data volumes. Search-based applications index and correlate data in an EDH, provide users with the ability to find information easily and quickly, and answer their questions immediately.
Key benefits include:
- Relevant results that are real-time in nature, with Google-like search capabilities.
- Workflows that allow users to drill down into search results, utilizing capabilities such as facets and guided navigation.
- Contextualized search results that take into account security and user profiles.
An extensive layer of services make Lucene/Solr™ secure and easier to use and manage.
- Lucidworks Search™ 2.7: Apache Lucene/Solr™ for commercialgrade applications.
- Lucidworks Big Data™: Application development platform that enables search, discovery and analysis of an organization’s content and user interactions.
- Lucidworks SiLK™: Feature-rich UI for performing ad-hoc search and analysis of multi-structured and time series data.
What Makes MapR and Lucidworks Unique
The MapR Distribution brings several unique advantages to enterprise search. With Direct Access NFS, MapR enables allows real-time streaming writes so search functions are performed on the latest data without waiting for batch ingest. Even more, unlike other distributions for Hadoop, only MapR allows search indexes to be stored directly on the file system, reducing complexity and cost
Lucidworks® transforms the way people access information to enable data-driven decisions and is the only company that delivers enterprise-grade search development platforms built on the power of Apache Lucene/Solr open source search. Lucidworks Search delivers unmatched scalability to billions of documents, with sub-second query and faceting response time.
MapR delivers on the promise of Hadoop with a proven, enterprise-grade platform that supports a broad set of mission-critical and real-time production uses. MapR brings unprecedented dependability, ease of use, and world-record speed to Hadoop, NoSQL, database and streaming applications in one unified big data platform.
- Fast, Flexible Architecture. Search development platform removes the necessity of programming.
- Real-Time Operational Intelligence. Troubleshoot application problems and investigate security incidents in minutes, not hours.
- Enterprise-Grade Platform. Reliable, scalable and robust big data search platform for Apache™ Hadoop® analytics.
- Knowledge Management. Content and meta-data awareness drives up organizational intelligence and IP.
- Single Point of Data Access. Provides high-volume crawlers, connectors and adapters which enable enterprises to easily access information stored on file systems, both on premise and in the cloud.
- Unique Knowledge of Apache Lucene/Solr. Deep bench of resources in search and open source, backed by unmatched experience with thousands of diverse applications deployed worldwide.
- Full Portfolio of Service Offerings. Solid commercial foundation for architecture, design, development and deployment of search solutions.
- Reliable, Highly-Available Big Data platform. One unified platform for Hadoop, NoSQL, database and streaming applications.
- Proven Production Readiness. Benefit from both open source community innovation as well as MapR architectural enhancements.
- Consistent High Performance. Eliminate downtime and performance bottlenecks, while ensuring business continuity.