Data warehouses are being re-architected to deliver richer insights from new data types. Have you started this process?
Enterprise data warehouses are under considerable strain from increasing data volumes as well as new types of data (logs, clickstream, mobile, social) that they were not built to easily accommodate. These challenges are forcing organizations to rethink their data infrastructure in order to architect an enterprise data hub that can ingest, store and process large volumes of structured, unstructured and semi-structured data to deliver richer business insights. This enables data warehouses to do what they do best: business-critical reporting that supports high concurrency with low latency, rather than spending CPU cycles on transformation. Hadoop is increasingly becoming the central data repository, supporting different use cases including batch, interactive, and real-time.
Store large volumes of data at lower costs with a data management platform that also helps restore capacity to your data warehouse.
The MapR Data Warehouse Optimization and Analytics Quick Start Solution provides the following critical capabilities that organizations require:
- A data management platform that helps store large volumes of data at a lower cost than alternatives.
- Improved responsiveness of the data warehouse by performing ETL transformations on MapR.
- The ability to store, process and analyze new types of data such as clickstream, social, mobile and machine data.
- The ability to restore data warehouse CPU and storage capacity.
You have the flexibility to use Hadoop with your data warehouse to reduce overall system cost by performing transformations on Hadoop and freeing up previously used storage and capacity. In addition, you can add more types and sources of data into the MapR Distribution for more granular and richer analytics across the combined Hadoop and data warehouse solution.
Answer new questions
- Analytics to answer questions that were previously impossible or very tough to answer.
Ad-hoc data exploration
- Explore unknown data and identify trends worth operationalizing.
Reduce overall TCO
- Store larger volumes of data at a lower cost.
Software, Professional Services and Certification are all included.
The Quick Start Solution includes a pre-built template built on the MapR Distribution including Apache™ Hadoop® that makes it possible for you to realize faster time-to-value with your Data Warehouse Optimization initiative. The template brings together best practices accumulated by world-class data scientists and data engineers from several mature Hadoop deployments. The Data Warehouse Optimization and Analytics Quick Start Solution includes a combination of software, professional services and training.
Software One year subscription of six nodes of any edition of the MapR Distribution including Apache Hadoop. Support for one year–including that for Apache Drill and Apache Spark–is included.
Quick Start Professional Services You’ll be able to jump-start a data warehouse optimization solution on Hadoop through the use of a pre-built solution template. The four-week service engagement component of the Data Warehouse Optimization and Analytics Quick Start Solution encompasses the following deliverables:
- Identification of data sources, transformations and reporting engines
- Access and use of the solution template including source code
- Knowledge transfer on customizing the solution template
- Deployment architecture document that enables a production rollout plan
- Installation and configuration of the MapR cluster
Hadoop Training and Certification After completing requisite Hadoop On-Demand Training, you can put your new skills into action right away. The Data Warehouse Optimization and Analytics Quick Start Solution includes Hadoop certification for three professionals. You can become a certified Hadoop professional and establish yourself as an accredited big data specialist within your organization.
The certification exams currently offered:
- MapR Certified Hadoop Administrator (MCHA)
- MapR Certified Hadoop Developer (MCHD)
- MapR Certified HBase Developer (MCHBD)
There are 2 service offerings as part of the engagement:
- Offloading of cold data from a data warehouse into Hadoop.
- Addition of new data types into Hadoop with ability to perform subsequent ETL transformations inside Hadoop.
- The MapR Distribution enables archival storage of structured, semi-structured and unstructured data going back several months and years.
- Copying data to and from the MapR cluster is as simple as copying data to a standard file system using Direct Access NFS™.
- MapR is the only Hadoop distribution that scales all the way to a trillion files without compromising performance.
- The MapR Distribution was designed for high performance, with respect to both high throughput and low latency.
MapR delivers on the promise of Hadoop with a proven, enterprise-grade platform that supports a broad set of mission-critical and real-time production uses. MapR brings unprecedented dependability, ease-of-use and world-record speed to Hadoop, NoSQL, database and streaming applications in one unified distribution for Hadoop. MapR is used by more than 700 customers across financial services, government, healthcare, manufacturing, media, retail and telecommunications as well as by leading Global 2000 and Web 2.0 companies. Investors include Google Capital, Lightspeed Venture Partners, Mayfield Fund, NEA, Qualcomm Ventures and Redpoint Ventures.