Informatica at a Glance Informatica® provides data integration software and services that enable over 5,000 organizations worldwide to gain competitive advantage by empowering them with timely, relevant and trustworthy data for their top business initiatives.
Build Your Enterprise Data Hub with Confidence
Focus on Big
Rapidly deploy big data capabilities on Hadoop: Huge numbers of new data types, such as social media data, web logs, machine sensor data, and unstructured data, are created every day. As data volumes explode, they quickly consume the capacity of data warehouses and application databases. The result is that IT can quickly be forced into costly upgrades to expensive databases and data warehouse hardware appliances. Emerging technologies like Hadoop promise insight at significantly lower cost—yet organizations often put off big data projects due to resource constraints, perceived risk, and potential challenges with data integration between legacy platforms and next-generation architectures.
Fast On-Ramp to
Today, most data scientists spend only 20 percent of their time on data analysis. The rest is spent on the mechanics of data integration—and these are expensive folks to employ.
This is what Informatica Big Data Standard Edition does best, and at scale. No specialized coding is required to scale performance on distributed computing platforms. Simply use the same PowerCenter GUI that has been used by thousands of integration developers for years. Now your IT staff can manage twice the data volume in half the time and focus on added-value activity; you can offload data from your expensive data warehouse to commodity hardware, and with unified administration you can build once and deploy anywhere—and for future-proof enterprise-grade operations, only the MapR Distribution for Apache Hadoop offers unprecedented reliability and scale.
Improve Productivity and Reduce Cost with Your MapR/Informatica Enterprise Data Hub
Your Big Data
With analytics and storage handled by the MapR Distribution including Hadoop and import, export and processing handled by Informatica, running natively on Hadoop, your analysts are free to focus on product innovation and new business insight. Key features include:
- Universal data access
- High-speed data ingestion and extraction
- Unlimited scalability
- Optimized performance for lower cost
- Profiling, ETL, and complex data parsing on Hadoop
- High availability
Why MapR and
With MapR and Informatica, you can deploy a big data platform that meets your enterprise requirements. With the ability to store larger volumes and high velocities of data, combined with a variety of data processing techniques, you get a future-proofed platform that delivers valuable insights for years to come. Increased productivity comes from the lower learning curve for using Informatica tools and from the reuse of existing applications on the full read/write MapR platform. And both technologies are proven in production to ensure stringent SLAs are met and that costly downtime is avoided.
Informatica Corporation (Nasdaq:INFA) is the world’s number one independent provider of data integration software. Informatica Vibe, the industry’s first and only embeddable virtual data machine (VDM), powers the unique “Map Once. Deploy Anywhere.” capabilities of the Informatica Platform. Worldwide, over 5,000 enterprises depend on Informatica to fully leverage their information assets from devices to mobile to social to big data residing on-premise, in the cloud and across social networks.
Product Snapshot: Informatica Big Data Standard Edition: Highly scalable, high-performance enterprise data integration software. Codeless, visual development environment lets developers rapidly build ETL data flows that run natively on Apache™ Hadoop®
- Increase Productivity up to 5x: Save developer time with visual tools, reusable business rules/mapplets and flexible deployment models.
- Integrate All Data at Scale: Exploit high-speed connectors and pre-built transformations. Integrate data on Hadoop from cloud/mobile apps, social media, and more.
- Readily Staff Big Data Projects: No specialized coding required to scale performance on distributed computing platforms like Hadoop.
- High Availability.: Enterprise-grade MapR® Distribution for Hadoop is easy, dependable and fast. Direct access through NFS interface for all business applications.
- Future-proof solution for big data: As technologies change, run data integration jobs without rebuilding data processing flows.
Benefits of Informatica Big Data Standard Edition
- Improve Time to Market: Bring innovative products and services to market faster while improving business operations.
- Lower Big Data Project Costs: Simultaneously manage growing data volumes and complexity.
- Expand Hadoop Adoption. Enterprise-wide to realize performance and cost benefits.
- Proven Software. Risk of adopting new technologies is minimized.
MapR delivers on the promise of Hadoop with a proven, enterprise-grade platform that supports a broad set of mission-critical and real-time production uses. MapR brings unprecedented dependability, ease-of-use and world-record speed to Hadoop, NoSQL, database and streaming applications in one unified distribution for Hadoop. MapR is used by more than 500 customers across financial services, government, healthcare, manufacturing, media, retail and telecommunications as well as by leading Global 2000 and Web 2.0 companies. Investors include Google Capital, Lightspeed Venture Partners, Mayfield Fund, NEA, Qualcomm Ventures and Redpoint Ventures.
- Top-Ranked Hadoop Distribution: One unified big data platform for Hadoop, NoSQL, database and streaming applications.
- Proven Production Readiness: Benefit from both open source community innovation as well as MapR architectural enhancements
- Consistent High Performance: Eliminate downtime and performance bottlenecks, while ensuring business continuity.
Try Informatica with MapR
Get the MapR Sandbox for Hadoop. A fully functional Hadoop cluster running on a virtual machine. Visit www.mapr.com/sandbox
Download Informatica Assessment tools from www.informatica.com/us/ resource-library.