Keys Botzum View Bio
HBase allows you to build big data applications for scaling your Database needs. This tutorial will help you jump-start with HBase development. It starts with a quick overview of HBase, HBase data model and architecture and then dives directly into code to help you understand how to build HBase applications. As part of this, we will also cover how to do schema design and also some advanced concepts like doing transactions.
This tutorial will cover:
- An introduction to HBase data model and HBase Architecture
- Setting up a Sandbox [one-node cluster on your laptop] [hands-on]
- Using HBase shell to create HBase tables and insert data [hands-on]
- Basic Java API to perform CRUD operations on HBase tables [hands-on]
- Understand how the data flows for writes and reads
- Schema design concepts for rowkey design
- Advanced Java APIs to perform scans and do transactions [hands-on]
Keys is Senior Principal Technologist with MapR Technologies, where he wears many hats. His primary responsibility is interacting with customers in the field, but he also teaches classes, contributes to documentation, and works with engineering teams. He has over 15 years of experience in large scale distributed system design. Previously, he was a Senior Technical Staff Member with IBM, and a respected author of many articles on the WebSphere Application Server as well as a book. When not wearing one of his MapR hats, Keys enjoys time with friends and family, and getting outside to play tennis and hike.