To use the MapR 5.2 Sandbox, perform the following tasks:
- Verify that the host system meets the prerequisites (see below).
- Install the MapR Sandbox.
- Launch Hue or the MapR Control System.
The MapR Sandbox runs on VMware Player and VirtualBox, free desktop applications that you can use to run a virtual machine on a Windows, Mac, or Linux PC. Before you install the MapR Sandbox, verify that the host system meets the following prerequisites:
- VMware Player or VirtualBox is installed.
- At least 20 GB free hard disk space, at least 4 physical cores, and 8 GB of RAM is available. Performance increases with more RAM and free hard disk space.
- Uses one of the following 64-bit x86 architectures:
- A 1.3 GHz or faster AMD CPU with segment-limit support in long mode
- A 1.3 GHz or faster Intel CPU with VT-x support
- If you have an Intel CPU with VT-x support, verify that VT-x support is enabled in the host system BIOS. The BIOS settings that must be enabled for VT-x support vary depending on the system vendor. See the VMware knowledge base article at http://kb.vmware.com/kb/1003944 for information about how to determine if VT-x support is enabled.
For detailed instructions about installing and using the MapR Sandbox, please refer to our documentation.