Innovative advertising and digital media companies choose MapR to make holiday shopping relevant, scalable and unbreakable
MapR Technologies, Inc., provider of the top-ranked distribution for Apache™ Hadoop®, has quickly established itself as the go-to big data provider for some of the world’s biggest and most innovative advertising and digital media companies, which experience their busiest times with the onset of the holiday shopping season. MapR is continuing to rapidly expand its impressive customer base in the competitive adtech and digital media markets as companies increasingly search for new, cost-effective and scalable ways of storing and processing massive sets of data in real-time to better serve their customers. In the past year, MapR has seen its customers in the advertising media segment triple their spending.
“The demand for our enterprise-grade Hadoop technology extends across industries, and advertising technology is no exception–with the volume and speed of data analytics emerging as a key competitive advantage,” said Jack Norris, chief marketing officer, MapR Technologies. “With the arrival of the holiday shopping season, our many advertising and digital media customers are rapidly scaling their mission-critical operations.”
Data and analytics are reinventing the way digital media and mobile advertising companies provide targeted and relevant advertising to shoppers and digital media consumers. MapR is proving that it’s the platform of choice for companies in an industry that demands high availability and real-time results. In fact, companies such as DataSong, Dentsu razorfish, Kenshoo, Millennial Media, Rubicon Project and Urban Airship rely on MapR to process trillions of web and mobile records, analyze petabytes of clickstream data, deliver relevant mobile content, and offer billions of ad auctions in real-time. In addition, MapR is used by companies throughout the consumer buying process to analyze more data and to drive record-breaking numbers of online orders.
Here are a few examples of how MapR is used to power holiday shopping:
- comScore, the global leader in digital media analytics, accurately predicted that sales would eclipse $2 billion on Cyber Monday. comScore processes over 1.5 trillion internet and mobile records monthly. This information is used by comScore retail customers to uncover real-time consumer trends and shopping insights that can be used to optimize campaigns and drive growth.
- DataSong, a marketing analytics agency, provides marketing effectiveness solutions to leading omni-channel retailers, including Williams-Sonoma and Neiman Marcus. Retailers use DataSong’s comprehensive tools to measure, plan, and execute marketing more effectively, thereby growing revenue and improving marketing ROI.
- Millennial Media, a mobile advertising platform company, optimizes ad placements for clients and evaluates the effectiveness of ongoing mobile ad campaigns by analyzing site performance and customer behavior.
- Rubicon Project offers real-time advertising trading technology that automates the selling and buying of online advertisements. Rubicon Project performs 125 billion real-time auctions globally each day, and its automated advertising platform has surpassed Google in U.S. audience reach.
- Urban Airship is the most globally deployed mobile push messaging service with complete customer- and location-targeting capabilities that enables brands to strengthen relationships with their always-connected customers. More than 200 billion push notifications have been sent, 100 billion of which were sent in the past 12 months.