On the heels of the recent Spark stack inclusion announcement, here is some more fresh powder (For non-skiers, that’s fresh snow on a mountain).
MapR Distribution of Apache Hadoop: 4.0.0 Beta
The MapR Distribution of Apache Hadoop 4.0.0 Beta with Hadoop and YARN 2.x is now available. The Beta release uses the Apache Hadoop 2.3 code base and we have already started receiving some great feedback on it. If you are interested in test-driving this release, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
A few highlights of the MapR 4.0.0 Beta release are:
- The 4.0.0 Beta release of the MapR Distribution for Hadoop is built on the Apache Hadoop 2.3 codebase.
- MapReduce 2 and MapReduce 1 functionality are supported in this release.
- Different nodes in a cluster have the ability to run MapReduce 1 and MapReduce 2.
- Tested with the following ecosystem versions
- HBase Version 0.94.17
- Pig 0.12
- Oozie 4.0
- Hive 0.12.
- Supported OS: CentOS 6.x, RHEL 6.x Ubuntu 12.04.
- Tested with Spark 0.9.0, Tez 0.3 and Storm 0.9.0-wip21
Hive ODBC Driver
In addition, we updated the Hive ODBC driver. ODBC drivers for Hive allow users to connect to and explore Hadoop data from BI tools such as Excel, Tableau, and MicroStrategy. This release includes updates to the Hive Windows ODBC driver as well as new ODBC drivers for Linux and Mac platforms. The driver is available on: http://package.mapr.com/tools/MapR-ODBC/MapRHive_odbc_2.1.1.0013/
Apache Open Source Ecosystem Portfolio Update
As part of the MapR commitment to provide customers with stable open source software projects at a rapid place, we regularly contribute and review the new updates in various open source projects and include them, as per customer demand, into the MapR Distribution of Apache Hadoop. In that light, I’m excited to share that MapR has updated versions of HBase, Hive, Oozie and Pig.
For more information, please review
Hive ODBC driver