We are excited to announce the availability of the installation guide for RHadoop on MapR, titled “RHadoop and MapR: Accessing Enterprise-Grade Hadoop from R”. This highly detailed installation guide explains how to install and use RHadoop with MapR and R on RedHat Enterprise Linux.
Revolution Analytics was founded in 2007 to foster the R community, as well as support the growing needs of commercial users. In 2011, Revolution Analytics introduced the RHadoop open source project, which is an open source collection of three R packages, and is one of the most frequently downloaded projects on GitHub. Revolution R Enterprise, their high-performance, enterprise-class analytics software, does not simply connect to Hadoop—it runs inside it, allowing users to easily manage and analyze data with Hadoop from the familiar R environment. Revolution R Enterprise supports interfaces to MapReduce, HDFS and HBase, powering production analytics for enterprise customers. Example use cases include:
- A life sciences company uses Revolution R Enterprise and Hadoop to deliver recommended treatments to its customers based on user- specified details of planned usage.
- A leading US bank developed an innovative prediction engine based on Revolution R Enterprise and Hadoop.
- A marketing sciences company analyzes billions of cookies and session records with a cloud-enabled solution of Hadoop and Revolution R Enterprise.
The installation guide for RHadoop on MapR covers the following topics:
- Environment: Description of product versions used in the integration testing environment
- R: Description of the two versions of R
- Special Installation Notes: Notes regarding the installation process and commands used
- Install R: Step-by-step instructions for installing R
- Install RHadoop: Specific instructions for installing individual RHadoop packages
- Resources: Links to additional information about GNU R, RHadoop, Apache Thrift, Revolution Analytics, and MapR Technologies.
You can download the installation guide here.