The MapR Distribution including Hadoop is now available on the Azure Fast Start. This solution enables push button deployment of MapR on the Azure cloud infrastructure, providing you with the solutions to turn your big data into big money. What we have seen in our cloud experience to date is that the cloud can deliver new revenue opportunities and show significant cost savings over time. Consequently, we’ve partnered with Microsoft to create this lab environment so that you can gain essential hands-on experience with Hadoop and tackle your toughest big data challenges in the cloud with MapR on Azure.
By using MapR on Azure, you can:
- Quickly and easily deploy Azure-based Hadoop to extract value from your data.
- Design next-generation applications using big data technologies to deliver performance at scale.
- Support hybrid environments, easily keeping cloud and on-premises environments in sync.
With the MapR Fast Start on Azure, you’ll learn how to:
- Securely log in to a MapR cluster using SSH
- Use Hadoop commands to copy data into the MapR cluster
- Use Drill tools including SQLLine and Drill Explorer to conduct exploratory analysis on the data set
- Connect to Apache Drill using business intelligence software from MapR partners such as MicroStrategy and Tableau to visualize the data and run interactive queries
- View and manage Drill components using the MapR Control System (MCS)
To initiate the MapR Fast Start, simply click on try it now on the Azure Fast Start site, register, and follow the step-by-step instructions for deployment.
MapR and Microsoft are eager to help you start your Hadoop journey on Azure, so please reach out to us if you need help or have questions. Be sure to stay tuned, as Fast Start on Azure is a preview of a multi-phased rollout. Next up, look for MapR on the Microsoft Azure Marketplace.