The MapR Distribution including Hadoop is now available in a private IT sandbox environment on the Amazon Web Services (AWS) Test Drive. We’ve partnered with AWS to create this lab environment so that you can gain hands-on experience with Hadoop. With the advent of the MapR Test Drive on AWS, you’ll quickly learn how to use the groundbreaking capabilities of Apache Drill and MapR to extract immediate insights from semi-structured data.
The MapR Test Drive is free and includes sample data hosted on a three-node MapR cluster, lab instructions and a video that shows you how to quickly launch and interact with a MapR cluster on AWS and use Apache Drill to perform quick and easy self-service data analysis.
With the MapR Test Drive, you’ll learn how to:
- Securely log in to a MapR cluster using SSH
- Use Hadoop commands to copy data into the MapR cluster
- Use Drill tools including SQLLine and Drill Explorer to conduct exploratory analysis on the data set
- Connect to Drill using business intelligence software from MapR partners such as MicroStrategy and Tableau to visualize the data and run interactive queries
- View and manage Drill components using the MapR Control System (MCS)
To initiate the MapR Test Drive, simply click on the try it now on the AWS Test Drive site and register. The MapR Test Drive includes step-by-step instructions on how to deploy it, and also includes links to additional examples of how to use Drill with other data types. The Test Drive lab includes complimentary AWS server time to complete the lab and explore MapR and Apache Drill.
The MapR Test Drive platform was developed by AWS so that you can rapidly deploy and evaluate enterprise solutions created by partners in the AWS Partner Network (APN).
Log on to AWS Test Drive and try it for yourself today, and be sure to share your experiences with it in the comments section below.