Installation of the DgSuite for Hadoop HDFS Agent:
Use the installer provided by Dataguise to install the agent on a Linux or Windows machine. Configuration of the DgSuite for Hadoop HDFS Agent:
1) The Agent should be pointed to a Hadoop cluster by modifying its properties file.
2) The user name and encrypted password (which will be used for communicating with the Hadoop JobTracker) should be set in the Agent’s properties file.
3) The Agent’s keystore should be populated with keys to be used for encryption and decryption.
4) The Agent should be configured in the Dataguise Controller by logging into DgSuite Admin and using the Agent tab to configure it just like other DgSuite agents (providing IP Address, Port number, and other info requested.).
Installation of the DgSuite for Hadoop Flume Agent:
Use the installer provided by Dataguise to install the agent and Dataguise plug-in on each Linux machine where one or more Flume flows will be executed.
Configuration of the DgSuite for Hadoop Flume Agent:
1) Each DgSuite for Hadoop Flume Agent should be started from the Linux command line.
2) Each Agent should be configured in the DgSuite Controller using the DgSuite Admin, by going to the Agents tab and typing in the information requested for the agent (IP address, port number etc.).
3) Once the Agent is configured, the connectivity is automatically tested, and if the Agent is verified as being active, it will show up in the main DgSuite UI.
4) The DgSuite Plug-in that is installed on the Flume machine along with the DgSuite for Hadoop Flume Agent can be included in any Flume flows by using the standard Flume UI or command shell.